The winners of this year’s Emporis Skyscraper Award (the only annual prize for high-rise buildings) have been announced. Chosen by the Emporis editors (who are architecture experts from all over the world), the awards have been made since 2000 to recognize excellence in both design and functionality.
This year’s award goes to the Absolute World Towers in Mississauga, Canada, designed by architectural practices MAD and Burka Architects (and which The Style Examiner. The second place went to the Al Bahr Towers in Abu Dhabi, designed by Aedas Architects, whereas the Burj Qatar in Doha by Ateliers Jean Nouvel came third.
The list of top winners included:
- Absolute World Towers (Mississauga, Canada); MAD and Burka Architects
- Al Bahr Towers (Abu Dhabi); Aedas Architects
- Burj Qatar (Doha); Ateliers Jean Nouvel
- The Bow (Calgary, Canada); Foster + Partners
- Mosfilmovskaya (Moscow, Russia); Sergey Skuratov Architects
- Pearl River Tower (Guangzhou, China); Skidmore, Owings and Merrill LLP
- Varyap Meridian (Istanbul, Turkey); RMJM
- UniCredit Tower (Milan, Italy); Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects